How to register for your English course
Procedures Step By Step
- Send your completed application form: Register online or print PDF
- Pay your registration fee and accommodation placement fee (if applicable)
- CSLI will send you a letter of acceptance and a receipt for your payment
- You will also receive confirmation of your homestay, if applicable.
- Be 17 years old by the first day of class
- Meet Canadian visa requirements
- Have medical insurance. Please arrange your insurance before leaving your country; alternatively, CSLI can offer comprehensive medical protection for you at $2.50/day on arrival.
- Read and understand CSLI’s Payment and Refund Policies and Disclaimer
How to get a Canadian visa
If you require a student visa, go to the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate with your letter of acceptance, a valid passport, and proof of sufficient funds for your stay in Canada. Some countries also require a medical exam. The embassy will issue your student authorization or give you an introduction letter to show to Immigration Canada when you arrive at Vancouver Airport. They will exchange the letter for a student visa. Ask at the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate to make sure that you have enough time to get proper documents. If you want to study for longer than six months, you must have a Student Visa before arriving in Canada.
To obtain a Student Visa you need:
- a Letter of Acceptance from CSLI
- a letter from your bank showing sufficient funds
- a valid passport and possibly a medical examination
Please use these links to get detailed information:
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- List of Canadian Visa Offices
- Student permit and application forms
People with a Visitor Visa may study for six months or less. People with a Working Holiday Visa may also take English classes in Canada. If you plan to visit the USA, check with the US embassy or consulate in your country about application procedures. We recommend that you get your US visa before you come to Canada.
How to make a payment to CSLI
Once you receive your visa, or 30 days before starting classes, you are required to pay your fees. For more information about payment terms & conditions click here
How to confirm your date of arrival in Vancouver
If you have requested an Airport Pick-up service, you will be greeted by a driver at the Vancouver International airport. Please confirm your arrival plans at least 2 weeks in advance.
Your first day at CSLI
- Carry a map showing directions to CSLI and your home, as you may need to ask for help.
- Arrive one hour earlier than your usual schedule for your first day of study for registration and testing (at 8am).
- Bring your study confirmation documents and proof of medical insurance.