Host families have been selected for their interests, friendliness, safe neighbourhoods, convenience to transportation, and comfortable homes. All homes offer you a private bedroom, three meals a day, and access to shared TV, telephone, and laundry.
- Private bedroom
- 3 meals per day, 7 days a week
- Internet access (WiFi)
- Access to TV, laundry, phone
- Friendly English-speaking host families from different backgrounds
- All homestays are located within easy reach of CSLI by walk or public transportation
- Airport pick-up and drop-off is available
- Homestay accommodation is normally arranged on a weekly basis at the rate of $225 per week. However, extra nights can be added upon request at $40 per night. Five extra nights or more will be considered as one week.
Each family has its own house rules regarding smoking, alcohol consumption, student responsibilities, cleaning, security, noise, friends visiting, telephone use, meal times, etc. Discuss these with your family.
Most Canadian families do not allow smoking in their homes. Some allow smoking outside the house. Please inform us if you smoke and check your booking before arriving.
Please try to discuss any requests or problems you have with your family. Contact CSLI if you need assistance. Students are relocated if complaints are justifiable.
CSLI is currently placing students with host families through Quality Homestay Ltd. The homestay disclaimer below applies to all participants in this homestay program, including hosts, applicants, affiliates, students and clients. Please make sure you read and understand the conditions and guidelines outlined on the CSLI website and its applications.