This course focuses on
+ Written Communication Skills
+ Sentence Structure
+ Spelling and Vocabulary
This course is a great support for students looking to improve their scores on the IELTS or TOEFL exams and those interested in improving their written communication skills for various media, including emails, essays, and professional letters.
Each week will concentrate on one kind of text:
Week 1: Compliant letter
Week 2: Process Description
Week 3: General essay
Week 4: Formal emails.
Students will write in class every day, and give work to teachers for marking. The next day the teacher will return the writing with feedback. Feedback will be on a different aspect each day: Tuesday – Ideas and content; Wednesday – transitions, coherence and vocabulary; Thursday – grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Reading homework will be given every day. A follow-up writing activity about the homework will be included in the following class.
Assessment: student will be graded on all the written work they have produced by the end of the course. The assessment criteria will be discussed in class. Student will also be graded on attendance, participation, and homework.
- Class focus: Grammar, Vocabulary building and spelling, Written Communication Skills, Sentence Structure
- Hours per week: 15 hours
- Language levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Maximum class size: 16 students (Average: 14 students)
- Duration: 1 – 4 weeks (for the best result, a full 4-week participation is recommended.)
- Start dates: Every Monday
Can be combined with another class to create a full-time program (30 hours/week)