IELTS Test Preparation
This class is intended for students who wish to focus on the skills required to succeed on the official IELTS exam. This exam is essential to validate your English proficiency level if you are preparing for further study at a career college or university, applying for a job where English is the main language of communication, or planning to apply for Canadian citizenship.
All four skills, Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, will be covered in the four-week course. There is particular focus on developing an academic word bank for common IELTS themes. All activities will be comprised of authentic test materials and be evaluated based on official IELTS rubrics. Students will learn time management skills and see their scores improve in just a short period of time.
- Week 1: Overview of exam and question styles
- Week 2: Passive to Active Vocabulary
- Week 3: Targeted Writing Practice
- Week 4: Simulated Listening/ Speaking/ Reading exam
+ Free IELTS Practice Test is offered to CSLI’s students monthly and upon request.
For more details on CSLI’s IELTS Preparation Programs, please download PDF here or contact us anytime if you have any questions!
+ Click HERE to learn more about the official IELTS Test format.
Part-time Day Programs (15 hours/week): Can be combined with another class to create a full-time program of 30 hours/week:
- Days: Monday to Friday (Friday can choose general English course or activity)
- Time: Morning (9:00am – 12:00pm) or Afternoon (1:00pm – 4:00pm)
- Duration: 4 weeks
- 2018 Start Dates: April 30, Oct 1, Dec 3
- Registration Fee: $150
- Tuition and Materials: $1,060
- Free Friday afternoon IELTS skill workshop
Part-time Evening Program (5 hours/week):
- Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Time: Evenings (6:00pm – 8:30pm)
- Duration: 4 weeks
- 2018 Start Dates: First Tuesday of every month
- Registration Fee: $50
- Tuition and Materials: $400
IELTS Skill Workshops (3 hours/week): *NEW – COMING SOON!*
- Days: Fridays
- Time: Afternoon
- Duration: 1 week
- Registration Fee:
- Tuition and Materials: $65 | *$50 for test-takers writing the IELTS Preparation test at LaSalle College Vancouver
- Package: Sign up for 4 workshops and receive a 10% discount!
See other Diploma Program schedule